Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ride on


I knew it was going to happen. My baby would grow up. So, on my way to Milwaukee last Friday I figured I'd be ready, camera phone in hand, for the big moment. My Shaniqua was going to hit her 100,000-mile mark.

But on our way to Germantown last Saturday to see The Toys, I realized she was going to do it for Gregor instead. YOUUU BITCH.

Good thing I was sitting in the front, so I could document the action anyway. Kind of.

PROOF!

I bought my black 2003 Toyota Camry, a.k.a. Shaniqua, in October 2006. She had about 75,000 miles. With the exception of replacing the battery and tires, she's been pretty low maintenance. Of course, I still get routine oil changes and tire rotations, plus check the fluids, car washes regularly, etc. If I'm good to her, maybe she'll return the favor.

On average, car owners put about 10,000 miles per year. I'd say I'm right on track, and since Toyotas stay on the road for an average of 900,000 miles (give or take?), I'd say I've got years to go with her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What up Toyotas! Whoop whoop! And I think they only last for around 800,000 miles. Don't over exaggerate.

Dr. Bergeron said...

i think its more like 200K miles, but, someone had some early 80's saab or honda or something that went over 1 million miles. You'll have to goolge that story though.

Kim Schmidt said...

I'm quickly nearing 100K....but I average 30K a year. Sad day.