Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Too much TV


Last night, I sat on my couch eating dinner when Heroes came on. Being the second episode I've ever seen (the first one was last week), I started watching and couldn't stop. Then I had questions, like, "what is this formula?" "why does Claire think she's the catalyst?" and "who the HELL are all these people?"
I knew my friend/neighbor/co-worker Lisa liked Heroes, so I ventured over across the hall and started asking her these questions. She immediately, and excitedly, dug out her Heroes Season 1 boxset, and said I had to watch.

Now I'm excited to find out what happens, and when "It's coming," and what "it" really is...

Now, that's all well and good except, my co-worker Dionne came in to work today with the first season of Dexter for me to catch up on. And, this weekend my friend Betsy insisted I take home and borrow "Freaks & Geeks." JC.

Every time I turn around, there's a new sitcom to watch... and people to provide DVDs for said sitcoms.

This has become a particular problem now that almost every single TV show ever produced is now on DVD.

Greg and I started watching the first season of Arrested Development. Now, I've seen a few episodes on TV before the canceled the show a season after winning an Emmy. (Yeah, tell me that makes fucking sense.) But we're almost through Season 1.

Anyway, I currently have borrowed, and in my possession:

-Heroes Season 1
-Dexter: The First Season
-Freaks & Geeks - the entire series
-Futurama - Season 1 & 2? (from Matthias)
-It's Always Sunny (from Michelle -- more for a recap, because they're all so good)

I also have an avid interest in watching:

-Entourage
-It's Always Sunny (Season 3)
-The Office (Season 4)
-Curb Your Enthusiasm (Season 3+)
-The Sopranos
-Spaced (The British sitcom produced by Simon Pegg)

I know there are different websites I could go to and watch each show, but #1.) My computer is the biggest POS in the entire world, and #2.) It's more difficult to get into one episode, let alone three or four in on sitting, while being less comfortable sitting in front of a computer screen, versus laying sprawled out on the couch.

People have also suggested Netflix, or renting each DVD from Blockbuster. Now, I'll support my favorite things by making the purchase (for instance musical artists, like KOL), but I'm not paying $5 to watch three episodes of Larry David be a cynical asshole.

This whole pop culture business is getting out of hand.

At least it's getting colder outside, so I'll have reason to hibernate on the couch.

Also, if someone could let me know who to contact in order to get Pete & Pete on DVD, that'd be helpful.

Am I missing any?


I promise one day I'll try to write shorter posts, but once I start -- can't stop. won't stop.

4 comments:

Pickles31186 said...

I know this sounds super lame but the need to seriously get the last seasons of Boy Meets World out there on DVD. They stopped making the DVDs after season 3 and I have been a big fan of that show... especially when they are in their college years!

Cerca Trova said...

Pete and Pette on DVD ~

Season 1
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007Y08LA/qid=1111113928/sr=8-6/ref=pd_ka_1/002-1769999-7382439?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Season 2
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000AOEN18/ref=pd_ser_asin_2/102-7812212-4510542?v=glance&s=dvd


How did I get this information? Because I'm the strongest man....in the world. Actually, I got it from here.
http://pnp.norecess.org/

Veasy said...

Heroes, Dexter and Entourage are the only ones that matter. If you can, I highly recommend taking a weekend and watching nothing but Heroes. It will probably make more sense and each episode is a cliffhanger so there's instant gratification at play here too.

Gregor said...

I should get you into Friday Night Lights, too. It's a great show.