Friday, December 12, 2008

Cube sweet cube

I figured everyone might want to see where the magic happens. Ahem, that means writing.

I tried as much as possible, to make my surroundings like home. I'm here at least 40 hours a week, so I mine as well spruce it up a bit.

Without further ado, I present to you: My cube.


There are a few pictures of my family, including the little cousins, and my Norwegian flag magnet :D

FYI: The motivational poster above the phone was a card my old editor gave me. It reads, "Motivation: If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon." hahaha. Robots can't edit.





This is what I stare at all day. Above and to the right, there's a calendar with all my deadlines. You can't really see it, but there's a map above the computer that has all the states I've traveled to.



To the right of the computer, you'll see where I store my snacks, and how I try to dress up my ridiculously large CPU. There's also a picture of Hulk, and a Post-it with a drawn coffee cup that says "HOW ABOUT A NICE CUP OF SHUT THE FUCK UP." Good morning!



Then, some archived issues of the magazines I work on.



Behind me, I started a collage of different pictures. It's a work in progress.



Then, my junk drawer. It's like the rug I sweep all the garbage under. Except, all the garbage is this crap. You'll find a bunch of napkins, loose change, candies from Halloween, a lint roller, socks, saline solution, an Altoid tin full of tacks, a couple sets of headphones, cords, and STACKER 2. (!)



And, last but not least, my toys. Chewbacca's protecting Leon (my philodendron). There's also a voodoo doll I picked up in New Orleans, the Michelin man, which I stole from the aviation magazines, and a gas tank clock from the show in Vegas last month.


Notice, too, how looking past the plant and figurines, is like looking into the abyss. Or, a tunnel you can't see the end of. Ahh... cube farms.

7 comments:

Cerca Trova said...

I think, in the very back of the last picture, I might see a window. This must make it difficult to pass the time by watching squirrels.

Gregor said...

Haha, what's with the "Is it New?" post-it on your monitor? And I'm very happy to see that your junk drawer is much messier than mine.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, my cube away from cube.

Ric said...

You're all lucky, I just cleaned it up. The junk drawer, on the other hand, is a lost cause. Just ask Belle.

As far as the post-it: If I put a new product in our database, I have to label it "New" if it hasn't run in the magazine. Problem is, I keep forgetting to do that.

Veasy said...

That is one of my top 5 of the Demotivator's posters. But when I think about it, they are all pretty funny.

KimEK8 said...

Socks? Really?

BLaZE said...

I laughed when I saw that your "ridiculously large" desktop is the "Ultra Slim" model, if my memory serves me correct. You must have been spoiled with small pc's in your day!