Monday, December 8, 2008

Roll with the punches

Yeah, I'm gonna complain. Deal with it.

After having the most exceptional weekend (:D), it becomes easier (and harder) to appreciate shitty days. Especially on a Monday.

Here's why:

*I woke up getting about half as much sleep as my body wanted. I even skipped my shower this morning to sleep in an extra 15 minutes.

*My car wouldn't start this morning. Now, I anticipated this. Friday afternoon the engine had trouble turning over, but still started up. Then, Saturday I had some trouble, but the car still got going. I had to wait until 9 this morning for Triple A to show up and give me a jump. Turns out my car battery had a bad cell.

*I dropped a Benjamin to replace said battery.

*Showed up at work around 10:30 AM -- 2.5 hours late.

*I thought I broke Gregor's monitor because it went haywire when I turned on his computer, and the screen looked like it did when your NES would take a crap and not play a game right.

*Apparently, after leaving three voicemails and two messages in one week, some organizations still don't understand the idea of returning a phone call. I need that PR now dammit.

*My chicken and bacon wrap for lunch from Subway tasted like ass. Also, Subway in general, tastes like ass.


So, I'm going to rationalize:

*I only didn't get enough sleep because of having such a great weekend.

*My car didn't die while I was in the middle of an intersection, or when it was -20 degrees outside.

*Money no matter.

*My editor kicks ass, and probably understands more than most because we work for an auto mechanic magazine.

*I did NOT break the computer.

*I got to enjoy and share 10 dozen cookies, eat Capital Grille and BW3s (!) this weekend. On top of seeing the MSO, making pancakes Saturday AND Sunday, going bowling and seeing a real life singing gnome.

I just hope Tuesday starts off a little better.

8 comments:

BLaZE said...

Just an FYI for next time I think batteries are usually only $50ish. Then again that's when you aren't in emergency mode. Which may have been why you paid so much.

Its actually about time I invest in one too. :-/

Ric said...

Yeah, it was Sears Auto Center. I knew I'd be paying more than I should -- staff was friendly enough though.

Usually I do some research before any kind of purchase for my car ...

Shawn Connelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawn Connelly said...

I hate the NES screen of death... all i want to do is play paperboy but instead the only game that will work is mc kids, it's a hard knock life

way to look at the upside of it though

Amanda said...

Your life was much more exciting than mine over the weekend! Your weekend sounded WONDERFUL!! :)

Ric said...

AHHH. I remember McKids! I think. With Mick and Mac, right?

BLaZE said...

Mc Kids - Angry Nintendo Nerd

Unknown said...

It's not rationalizing, it's just Karma. The one thing I believe in.

And yes, it was an awesome weekend.