Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Warm fuzzies

Last night I decided to get into the holiday spirit.

Since I've lived in an apartment by myself for the last couple years, I figured it's not really necessary to decorate for Christmas with the idea, "Who's really going to see this and appreciate it?"

NONSENSE. I figured I'll have a few visitors; plus, passersby can check out my decorations from the street. And, I'll get my own warm fuzzies when I come home.

Thanksgiving weekend, my mom packed up a box with a small fake tree already set up with lights, some ornaments, and a few other decorations. On top of that, I had some window clings and a wooden nativity set from my grandma.

I went to work and an hour later: Voila!

I still like to get into the kid spirit and get excited when I see Christmas trees lit up in windows, poinsettias at stores and garland wrapped around light posts down the main street of any small town.

It's also the only time of year where I'll really tolerate snow, and even get butterflies when a fresh coat covers the ground while kids are walking to school, or I head out to get some holiday shopping done.

In the next couple weeks, I'll start buying presents, and I think the decorating helped get me into the spirit.

1 comment:

Gregor said...

I like coming to work and seeing everything decorated up with wreaths and garland. Makes work a teeny bit more tolerable.