Friday, October 31, 2008

Here comes the sun

I was intrigued by Menace's post about near death experiences, but I thought I'd address my initial blog idea I thought of this morning instead. (Wait til next week.)

Every morning for the past month, I've been a perpetual snooze button pusher. I'm usually pretty good about getting up around 5:30 to head to the gym. Or at the very least, getting up around 6:45 to begin the normal morning routine. But I've been getting out of bed later, and later, and later. That means, instead of hitting snooze once or twice, I roll out of bed around 7:10, 7:15. I've even reset the clock to jolt me awake, again, around 7:30 AM.

I blame the dark sky.

Why in the hell would my body think it's time to wake up, if the sun ITSELF isn't even out of bed. There aren't any birds chirping to wake me up. No morning runners. No construction. Nothing. It's silent... and it's dark.


This weekend, we'll set our clocks back an hour. That means one more hour of sleep. It also means another hour of sunlight in the morning. Hopefully, that also means returning to a somewhat normal schedule.

Maybe then I'll be able to roll out of bed.

I don't want to hibernate all winter.


Did you know? Arizona and Hawaii are the only U.S. states that don't participate in daylight savings. Indiana just started turning it's clock back this year.

2 comments:

Gregor said...

I'm so excited for Daylight Savings time to end. I think I'm looking forward to it more than I am for Christmas Getting up when it's pitch dark out is a chore.

Ric said...

I'd say it's right up there with night before first day of school excitement.

And I'm talking when you're six, and all you do is color or take naps or learn the alphabet, first day of school.