Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Peanut butter jelly time

After a conversation about Reese's Pieces today, it got me thinking about peanut M&Ms. Now... alone, peanut M&Ms are about the best candy around. But, dip them in peanut butter -- and imagine a flavor explosion in your mouth. (That's what she said.)


Right now, I have five jars of PB, total. Two at work, and three at home. (Except, one's actually Almond Butter... ALSO fantastic.) I go through about a jar a month. Plus, it has an excellent shelf-life.

Pretty much anything with peanut butter is amazing. Personally, I'm partial to crunchy PB; along with the creaminess, there's a great texture. MMM.


So, what other crazy combinations do I enjoy?

-- About a year ago, I discovered jelly wasn't so terrible on PB sandwiches. (I didn't used to like it.) Also a staple to anyone poor enough to not buy meats and cheeses all the time.

-- For some extra texture, throw some potato chips or Doritos onto that PB&J sandwich.

-- Ever heard of Nutella? Europeans love it. It's like peanut butter, only made out of hazelnuts... try mixing them together on most anything.

-- A hybrid form of those cheese crackers you buy at gas stations, try dipping Cheese-Its into some PB.

-- Ants on a log: A favorite from when I was a little tyke; take a long stalk of celery, smother with peanut butter, add raisins, and eat.

-- PB + Nilla Wafers = delicious.

-- PB Sundae! Forget hot fudge or caramel. Throw some warmed up peanut butter on vanilla ice cream.

Or, take a spoon. Dip in peanut butter jar. Bring up heaping pile of PB. Eat. Repeat.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have to say the PB is one of my faves as well. Have you ever tried cashew butter? That's pretty yummy, too!