Monday, July 21, 2008

Birthday presence

This Saturday my brother, Matthias, turns 23 years old.

For the last 22.8 years, I thought his birthday was on July 27. Not so. I can tell you it's on the 26th. I guarantee it.

I plan to drive up to GB this weekend for his birthday. Now, I think my visiting would be an exceptional present, but I'm afraid he'd disagree with me.

I need some ideas.

He likes playing his 360, watching MST3K, the Marx Brothers and Monty Python, speaking German, and has the uncanny ability to recall random facts about medieval and WWII history. He also likes dinosaurs. At least he did when he was eight.

Maybe I'll take him to see The Dark Knight. That's a good bday present, right? Except anytime I go somewhere with him alone, I think people think we're dating; and that's weird.

2 comments:

Gregor said...

Dark Knight is the best present you can get him.

Especially if you buy him the little kid Utility Belt I saw at Target so he can wear it to the movie.

Unknown said...

I have the same problem in public with my mom. I'm not sure which is worse. But Dark Knight is undeniably a rocking present.