Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A new 'do


(I emailed myself last night before going to bed.)

Holy shit. They took six inches off. I make myself feel better saying
it's the back six inches. So if you look at the front, maybe they only
took four. I went home and cried a little. It wasn't a wail, or bawling. Just a
few tears.

I haven't cut my hair like this since I graduated from college. Wow.
Graduated from college. I feel dinosaur saying it. (Attempting to create a new "slang.")

I moved here two years ago. Almost two years ago. About?
I think maybe the cut means I'm moving to another stage. I have to
figure out what I'm doing.
I made a proclamation today on my blog. To be fitter. happier. more
productive (thanks Thom Yorke).

I dyed it too. Blonde. That was Friday. Really blonde. Publisher
attention-getting blonde. (Michelle's boss((es) boss))
That took a minute to figure out on the keyboard.

I hung a spice rack yesterday. I went to Wal-Mart for screws and
borrowed a power drill. It was a Snap-on, the shit I write about at work.
Weird. Found out I already had a box full of screws when I got home.
I bought the shelf at Hobby Lobby. 50 percent off. Wrought iron? I doubt it.
Awesome? You bet.
I also put up curtains in my living room. Real ones. Well, they're on
a rod. They're tapestries. Fuck, I've had those curtains up at every
important place since college. But I finally put them up.

I still have the drill. I might put up a shelf tomorrow. I've got
nothing going on. But I would like to watch Batman Begins. With
Christian Bale. What a man.

I might also have to get that air conditioner in. That thing
intimidates the shit out of me. First of all, it's a huge box. Almost
like my first appliance for Christ's sake. I own a coffee maker. I own
a metal shelf to hold my spices. I have a desk. A bed. But an air
conditioner?! What in the hell am I going to do with an air
conditioner for the rest of my life.
I don't need to take up more energy by using that goddamn thing.

Part of me is scared to install it because then I'll be anchored. I'm
putting my carbon footprint on the ground. Smashing it in.
Now, I do have a car. I try not to drive it every day. That's not really
working, but I try. But I also live in the city I work. I'm not a
"commuter." It takes me 3 minutes to drive to work. Thirty to walk.
Hell, people ride their bikes for 17 miles. Those are usually the
people in big cities, so they have a more scenic view in the morning.
A city view. At least they yield for bicyclists. You'll get tackled by
the bumper of a 74-year-old with a 24-yr old prescription for
Coke-bottle glasses here.

Are people intentionally putting up more pedestrian signs to help
promote walking or bike riding? The green scene.

Dammit. I have to collect those cell phones tomorrow too. I need to get a
box and mail those in. I should put one out at FBz too. Maybe I
can get a few fons donated.

Fuck. I just read the subject of this email. To myself. I forgot for a
second that I cut my hair.

I'll sleep on it.

2 comments:

Dr. Bergeron said...

i bet you look fine with short hair!!

Dudes will be all over you!

Unknown said...

you will sleep on it...literally